What is the Common Application?
The Common Application is a standard application form accepted by approximately 400 colleges in lieu of their own form. The common application is available through both your high school guidance office and online from the colleges.
Still confused? Learn more about the common application:
- The Common Application: Breaking It Down, Part 1
- The Common Application: Breaking It Down, Part 2
- Q&A—Do colleges look poorly upon submitting a common application?
- Writing The Common App Essay: 6 Secrets To Success
- The 6 Worst College Application Mistakes
- The Ultimate College Application Checklist
- Learn how you can get college credit for your life experiences
- Ask a question!
View the entire Glossary of College & Education Terms
Updated: February 2014