What is a Scholarship?
A scholarship is a financial grant awarded to a student for the purpose of covering educational expenses. A scholarship does not need to be repaid and is typically awarded on a merit basis.
ScholarshipAdvisor – a web and mobile application to search, bookmark and share thousands of scholarship listings, helping students save money on their education. Search free scholarships for high school, college, graduate and adult learners.
- Find military scholarships
- Find scholarships for adult learners
- Find scholarships for online students
- Find athletic scholarships
- View all our scholarship lists
Still confused? Learn more about the scholarship:
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Win Scholarships
- Scholarships for Adults Going Back to School
- 26 Scholarships to Put Adults Back in School
- Ask a question!
View the entire Glossary of College & Education Terms
Updated January 2014