StudentAdvisor.com Recognizes Nation’s Top 10 College Sports Blogs
Awards Given Based on Kick-Ass Content & Engagement
BOSTON, MA – StudentAdvisor.com, the leading education research and comparison destination for students, parents and lifetime learners, today revealed the winners of its Top College Sports Blogs awards. The top bloggers were selected based on superior content that spoke specifically to the college sports enthusiast, site engagement and comments, frequency of posts and traffic.
“College students' passion for their sports teams is unmatched and quite frankly, a great way to keep current students and alumni connected to the school,” said Dean Tsouvalas, Editor-in-Chief of StudentAdvisor.com. “We wanted to give a shout out to the best college sports blogs to recognize the fantastic work these bloggers are doing for their schools and community.”
The lucky bloggers who made the Top 10 List include:
1. Gator Country: There’s no question the Florida Gators have an incredible fan base and the Gator Country blog has tapped into it by creating an awesome blog populated with videos, a radio show, fabulous pictures and interesting articles to keeps its fans engaged and coming back for more. What’s more, the blog has forums for both free users and subscribing insiders as well as its own magazine.
2. In The Bleachers: This blog is a must read for any serious college football fan. Mike Felder, a former safety at UNC, provides a witty, insightful eye to the college football landscape. With an impressive list of contributors, his blog keeps the college sports fan engaged and entertained with its commentary and weekly podcasts that feature the biggest names in the college football media.
3. M Go Blog: The University of Michigan is a large school with a fan base that’s bigger than most pro teams. This blog stands out for having active fan forums, podcasts and videos. It’s clear these guys know everything there is to know about Michigan athletics, especially football. The site even has interviews from players, which is a feat in itself for a fan blog.
4. Club Trillion: Former Ohio State Buckeye basketball bench rider, Mark Titus, runs this site. It has grown in popularity thanks to the help of widely read ESPN columnist, Bill Simmons. It has a fresh take on what it’s like to ride the bench at a big-time D1 school as well as a behind the scenes take on college athletics.
5. The Heisman Pundit: Every year sports fans follow the Heisman race as intensely as the NFL draft. No site does a better job of analyzing this race than Heisman Pundit, run by former Southern Cal’s sports information director, Chris Huston. This blog has been dubbed “The Heisman’s Foremost Authority” by Sports Illustrated.
6. Gridiron Goddess: Huge props go out to Amy Lamare for being the only female blogger to make the list and for demonstrating unmatched passion when it comes to college and pro football commentary. In a few years, the site has gone from a simple wordpress blog to an all-encompassing site. Amy has appeared on various radio shows as a result of the blog’s success.
7. The Mid Majority: The Mid Majority blog is for fans and students of small, “mid-major”, schools. These are the schools that play the Cinderella role during the NCAA Tournament. Coined the Jack Kerouac by Sports Illustrated of the mid-major schools, Kyle Whelliston, former ESPN writer, has done a nice job of keeping this blog ripe with content about these schools.
8. Notre Dame: Once upon a time, Notre Dame was considered the quintessential college football school. While the team itself has petered off in recent years, fan support is still as wild as ever. This blog is packed with articles, commentary, forums, chat rooms and it even has a thorough section on Notre Dame’s glory days.
9. Storming The Floor: Flocked with a biting humor, this blog is packed with content. These guys are college hoops fans to the core. Their insight runs the gamut--from an upcoming Duke vs. UNC showdown to a CAA match between the James Madison Dukes and the Virginia Commonwealth Rams.
10. SB Nation's Every Day Should Be Saturday: For fanatics of college football, Every Day Should Be Saturday is one of the most comprehensive blogs out there. Run by the SB (Sports Blog) Nation, Every Day Should Be Saturday is rich with content including articles, interviews, audio and video footage.
StudentAdvisor.com is the leading education comparison resource for students, parents and lifetime learners. StudentAdvisor.com empowers college students of all ages to confidently determine which college is the right fit for their personality, academics, budget, career path, and future. StudentAdvisor.com is operated by Avenue100 Media Solutions Inc. For more information, visit http://www.studentadvisor.com.